KFC Canada and PETA's Agreement
After 5 years of pressure, KFC Canada has finally agreed to the
following PETA's requests:
- add a vegan ʽchickenʼ item to the menu
- phase in purchases of all chickens from suppliers that use
controlled-atmosphere killing (CAK). KFC Canada is the first major
restaurant chain to make such a commitment.
- improve its animal welfare audit criteria to reduce the number of
broken bones and other injuries suffered by birds.
- urge its suppliers to adopt better practices, including improved
lighting, - - lower stocking density and ammonia levels, and a phase-out
of growth-promoting drugs and breeding practices that cripple chickens.
- and form an animal welfare advisory panel to monitor the changes
and recommend further advancements.
To read the full article please visit http://www.worldpoultry.net/home/id2205-46608/kfc_canada_and_peta_reach_agreement.html
Your question and comments are welcome