Nut and Potato Bake
prep time: 15 min. or less | cooking time: 30 min. | makes 2 main
1 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, ground
2 sticks celery
3 scallions, very finely chopped
1 tsp. garlic powder
salt to taste
1 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
2/3 cup soy milk (plain)
- Grind the sunflower seeds and finely chop the scallions and the
celery. Combine these ingredients with the mashed potatoes, the
garlic powder and the salt.
- In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs with the olive oil, add
the milk and combine well, avoiding lumps.
- Mix with the sunflower seed and potato mixture.
- Place the mixture into an oiled baking dish and bake in a
moderate oven (about 350 F for about half an hour.)
- Serve plain or with a favorite sauce or gravy.
Your question and comments are welcome